IVES general assembly and science meeting 2023 – Portugal (UTAD & Sogrape)
The annual meeting is dedicated to the members and partners of the association. In 2023, we will be hosted by 2 of our members and partners: The Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro (UTAD) and Sogrape.
The 3 days will be organised as follows:
- 31/01/2023: Wine tour – optional, limited number of participants -📍Quinta do Seixo, Douro Valley.
- 01/02/2023: Journals’ editorial board meetings and IVES general assembly -📍UTAD, Vila Real, Complexo Laboratorial
- 02/02/2023: IVES science meeting -📍Sogrape, Ferreira Cellars, Porto.
What is organised by IVES ?
- On January 31, at 9 am, a bus will bring the participants from Vila Real (Hotel Miracorgo) to the Douro Valley. After the tour, the bus will bring them back to Hotel Miracorgo. Then, we will have dinner in Vila Real.
- On February 1, at 7 pm, a bus will bring the participants from UTAD Vila Real to Porto (nearby the recommended hotels), where we will have dinner.
- Meals will be organised and offered by IVES as follows: January 31: lunch in the Douro Valley and dinner in Vila Real, February 1st: lunch in Vila Real (UTAD, panoramic restaurant) and dinner in Porto, February 2: lunch and dinner in Porto.
Transportation: Participants are autonomous to organise their transportation from and to Porto airport.
How can you go from Porto airport to Vila Real?
- Booking an Uber or a Taxi
- Car renting (Eurocar, Avis and other companies directly at the airport)
- Taking a bus directly from the airport to the bus terminal in Vila Real, which is within walking distance to the Hotel Miracorgo (approximately 15 min). Popular company: FlixBus.
- If someone would like to stay in Porto before coming directly to Vila Real, it is also possible to take the metro right at the Airport Exit Terminal to the Porto city centre. In the Metro station “24 de Agosto” there is a Bus Terminal Campo 24 de Agosto with several bus companies that travel to Vila Real.
Hotels: Participants are autonomous to book their hotels
- Hotel recommendation in Vila Real: Hotel Miracorgo (a negociated fare will be offered if you mention it).
- Hotels recommendations in Porto: Hotel Vincci Ponte de Ferro, Carris Porto Ribeira, Hotel Da Bolsa, Hilton Porto Gaia.
We remind you that for the members of the editorial boards of the journals IVES can contribute to the travel and accommodation expenses up to a maximum of 200 €, reimbursed upon presentation of original receipts. For the speakers, all expenses are covered.
Recordings of the previous IVES science meetings are available on IVES Conference Series.